Roasted Tomato And Red Pepper Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more to serve
- 1 head garlic
- 1 small white onion, quartered
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, deseeded and quartered
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt and pepper, or to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- Coconut cream, to serve
- Roasted Corn Craize Crackers, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the top off of the head of garlic. Place the garlic in a large baking dish along with the quartered onion, cherry tomatoes, and red bell peppers. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the dried basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat everything evenly.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and roast for 30-35 mins or until the tomatoes have begun to burst, the onion and garlic are tender, and the roasted red peppers are browned and tender.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Squeeze the garlic out of its skins and transfer to a blender with the remaining roasted veggies. Add the vegetable broth and chipotle peppers and blend on high until smooth.
- Ladle into serving bowls and top with crushed or whole roasted corn Craize crackers and a drizzle of olive oil and coconut cream!