Craize Crusted Chicken Tacos with Guasacaca
Guasacaca (avocado salsa)
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, roughly chopped
- ¼ white vinegar
- ½ -1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp evoo
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 bag Craize Everything Crackers
- Avocado oil, to pan fry
- Corn tortillas - heated/charred
- Cilantro - to garnish
- Lime - to garnish
- Pickled Onion - to garnish
- Make the guasacaca: combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until smooth but textured consistency is reached. Taste and adjust lime, salt, and pepper if desired. For a smoother salsa, pulse until completely smooth. Set aside until ready to serve.
- To make the chicken: pour the bag of Craize Everything Crackers into a food processor. Pulse until a breadcrumb-like consistency is reached. Pour the cracker crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Prepare the dredging station: pour the whisked eggs into a shallow bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Begin dredging the chicken tenders by dipping them in the egg, allowing any excess to drip off, then placing into the cracker crumbs. After the chicken is completely coated, place onto a baking sheet or plate and coat the remaining chicken.
- Cook the chicken: heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and pour in enough avocado oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once the oil begins to sizzle, add the coated chicken tenders and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate to cool for 5 minutes before serving. You may need to do this in a couple batches so the chicken doesn’t overcrowd the pan.
- To serve, slice the chicken and place on a heated corn tortilla. Top with the guasacaca, cilantro, lime, and pickled onion if desired + enjoy!