Creamy Vegan Black Bean Soup
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 3, 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- One navel orange, juice of
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Dairy free crema, to serve
- Craize Sweet Corn Crackers, to serv
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, bell pepper, carrot, and jalapeno. Saute until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin, paprika, and salt and pepper. Saute until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and broth and bring to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beans and vegetables are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to de sired consistency, leaving some chunks of beans and vegetables as desired.
- Serve hot with fresh cilantro, crema and sweet corn crackers!