- 2 bags Craize Roasted Corn Crackers
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 16 oz queso blanco or mozzarella cheese, sliced into ½ inch thick sticks
- Vegetable or avocado oil, to fry
Creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dip
- 1 medium avocado, ripe
- ¼ cup water
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and roughly minced
- 1 medium clove garlic, roughly minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the bags of Craize Roasted Corn Crackers into a food processor. Pulse until a breadcrumb-like consistency is reached. Pour the cracker crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Prepare the dredging station: Pour the flour into a shallow bowl. Pour the whisked eggs into a shallow bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Begin dredging the cheese by dipping them in the flour, then the egg, allowing any excess to drip off, then placing into the cracker crumbs. After the cheese is completely coated, place onto a baking sheet or plate and coat the remaining cheese. Repeat again with another coat of dredging with flour, egg, and cracker crumbs.
- Place the cheese on the baking tray in the freezer and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all ingredients for the avocado cilantro lime dip to a food processor. Process for about a minute, until ingredients are well combined and the sauce is smooth, scraping down the food processor as needed.
- Then, in a deep, large saucepan over medium high heat, heat about 2 inches of oil to a constant temperature of 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove cheese from the freezer and carefully drop a couple sticks in the hot oil. Fry the cheese, turning gently with thongs, for about 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with remaining cheese sticks, working in batches.
- Let cool slightly before enjoying with creamy avocado cilantro lime dipping sauce!