Craize Coconut Alfajores
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup crushed Coconut Craize
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Dulce de leche - homemade or store-bought
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer for about 1-2 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the cornstarch, flour, crushed Craize, vanilla, and a pinch of salt.
- Place the dough onto a piece of saran wrap and form into a long log. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until the dough is firm.
- Slice into ¼” rounds and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes. The cookies will still be soft when coming out of the oven. Let cool completely.
- Once cool, place a generous amount of dulce de leche onto the bottom of one cookie, and place another cookie on top to form the “sandwich”. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
Shop the story