Coconut Craize Crusted French Toast
Ingredients - serves 4-6
- 2 bags Craize Coconut Corn Crackers
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 thick slices brioche bread or french bread
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- Butter or avocado oil, for frying
- Honey, to serve - optional
- Place the crackers into a food processor. Pulse until a breadcrumb-like consistency is reached. Pour into a shallow dish for dredging.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, + vanilla until combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter or oil.
- Take a slice of bread and dredge each side in the egg mixture. Let any excess drip off, then transfer to the dish with the crushed crackers, and coat completely. Place in the hot pan and cook each side for about 2-3 minutes, until golden brown. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Dust the cooked french toast with a sprinkle of the cinnamon sugar and enjoy! Serve alongside honey if desired.
Shop the story