Braised Carnitas Craize Nachos
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, halved lengthwise
- 1 jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup Saucy Gourmet Chipotle Salsa
- 1 bag Craize Sweet Corn Crackers
- Saucy Gourmet Salsa Verde
- Red Onion
- Jalapeno slices
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat and add the avocado oil. Sprinkle a generous pinch of salt and pepper on the boneless pork shoulder.
- Sear each side of the pork shoulder for about 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Add the onion to the pan, the poblano, jalapeno, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, vegetable broth, and chipotle salsa. Gently stir. Once simmering, cover and place in the oven to braise for 3-4 hours. The meat should be fork tender and fall apart easily.
- Once the meat is done, place the shredded pork and some of its braising liquid onto a baking sheet. Broil the meat for about 5 minutes or until some of it is crisp. This step is optional, but recommended.
- To assemble, place the sweet corn crackers on a serving platter. Top with the braised and broiled carnitas, crema, cotija, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime wedges. Serve alongside salsa verde if desired and enjoy!