- ½ tbsp avocado oil
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup plain tomato sauce
- Craize Plantain Toasted Corn Crackers
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for the adobo seasoning until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally, until mostly tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or so, until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and salt. Cook, stirring and breaking up the beef as you go, until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Near the end of cooking, stir in 2 tbsp of the adobo seasoning.
- Stir in the tomato sauce until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Spread the crackers on a serving platter and top each with a dollop of the meat mixture. Top each with some shredded mozzarella and enjoy!
Shop the story