- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1, 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup manzanilla olives, sliced
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tbsp capers
- Craize Plantain Toasted Corn Crackers, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and bell pepper. Saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up the beef, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika, oregano, and cumin and saute 2-3 minutes. Add the wine and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, olives, raisins and capers. Cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally and simmering to reduce and let the flavors meld.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot with Craize Plantain Crackers and steamed rice if desired!
Shop the story